Saturday, November 5, 2011

Spot the Difference.



Above, almost. Below, finished. Sometimes it is difficult to know when to stop, to know what makes a 'finished' piece. Needs to dry now. 
Today I ordered some new paints. I want to play, bigger paintings, different paint and have taken some advise and learned some lessons from Catherine Hyde.
Her beautiful book, The Firebird, written by Saviour Pirotta has just been nominated for The Greenaway Award, and I am hoping that Saviour will be joining me in Bramhall, Stockport on 26th November, at Simply Books, where the Holly Dragon will be on display in the window.

 


Catherine has an exhibition at The Lighthouse Gallery in Cornwall. Beautiful work.


1 comment:

  1. I am such a fan of Cathrine Hyde's work,, I can't wait to see what you do with bigger paint surface,,my passion was large landscapes and did many until my vision loss, now I do the large ones in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete