Friday, July 16, 2010

Half way through beauty

Yesterday morning I saw two hares dance across a golden field of stubble at Waterperry Gardens as we drove in for our early morning start.
Two days in to Art in Action and I am tired but hopeful of hares again today. There are so many red kites also. And beauty. The days are so frustratingly busy that I am pinned to the table as my space, signing books, getting little painting done and meeting wonderful people and aware that all around me people of astonishing skill are working away. I want to see them. I want to go and watch and learn and I do I do I do want to get into the jewelry tent at some time. There is just so very much here that is beautiful.
Jeremy Sinclair must be a remarkable man to have not only organised an event that is a celebration of life and beauty but to have done it so well and I am very glad to be a small part of it.

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful, stimulating time- if a bit exhausting. I hope you can get to see some others working too.Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to do a trip to Waterperry Gardens when I visited my family a month or so ago but for some reason I never quite made it. I'm sure it's as beautiful as I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh How I wish I was there. I love Waterperry Gardens and art shows and jewelry and England. It all sounds too divine.
    Cenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. If I was there, I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie,

    a somewhat belated comment but it was lovely to meet you yesterday at Art in Action and to see your paintings in person. I saw 'tell me a dragon' in the Best of the Best tent and loved it. I love dragon books, thanks for sharing all your dragons.
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope Art in Action went well for you!
    I'd been looking forward to it all year but just about everything conspired against me in the end and I was gutted to miss it...
    Oh well... hope you got chance for a good old look around..
    Best wishes
    Carrie...

    ReplyDelete