Saturday, June 5, 2010

The story of lost things, shoes, fiddling sticks and hearts.



Took a long time, not helped by toothache and headache, but almost there. This page is a two for the price of one, Higgerty pickerty my black hen, she lays eggs for gentlemen, sometimes nine and sometimes ten, higgerty pickerty my black hen. Also Cock-a-doodle-doo, my dame has lost her shoe, the master's lost his fiddling stick and doesn't know what to do.
And she has an eye for the young fiddle player and he perhaps has an eye for her, a romance?
But given Rosie's appetite for strange food not much hope is held out for the fiddling stick.



 





Such a happy dog, Rosie. I do love the way she loons around with a stick in the sunshine on top of the hill.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you've sneaked Rosie into this one, she looks very pleased with that fiddling stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have miissed reading the lists of Rosie's "appetizers" but have hoped she has grown out of destructive chewing [?] Your animals are wonderful models for your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and fun illustration, Jackie!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful shot of Adam's pot--reminds me of Greece. I always love to see your dogs and cats reappear in various guises in your art and stories.

    ReplyDelete