Monday, May 3, 2010

Pop goes the weasel.



In search of a weasel we went to Newport and then on to Nevern for a walk in the woods where the bluebells are blushing the riverside walk to a beautiful blue. Home across the hills with weasels and stoats, and we found some lost sheep, but no sign of Little Bo Beep or Little Boy Blue. Back to the drawing board tomorrow. I have weasel, and treacle ( Lyle's Black Treacle in a red and gold tin) and rice.










Now, when I walk up the stairs to my studio I hear a whispered chattering as weasels talk with owls about what sould be done.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I hope they don't know about going pop! Isn't this rhyme about hatters or have I misremembered that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weasels--a rather under-appreciated little animal, and unfortunately usually cast as villians. Yes, they are sneaky, but they have to be; their small size is made up for in wiles and cunning! Very nice sketches of them, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we go to Newport we always pop in to that shop, it's great, got many a book from there too.
    LOve
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treacle...I think that the American reaction to treacle is equivalent to the British reaction to a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich. My friends always make such a face.

    ReplyDelete